Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Favorite Way to Spend a Rainy Week end


Spent some time this weekend working on my first blue color study block designed by Wanda from Illinois. In this round robin (my first to participate in)we are to complete one design or motif on a patch with stitching and embellishments along two seams. The trim that appears to be pink in this photo is actually a light blue with silver tones. I tried my hand combining stitching and beading, getting some great ideas from Nancy Eha's book "Bead Creative Like Crazy." Great resource book!

I am still trying to figure out how to get my photos where I want them and again I have not succeeded! On the monochromatic block above the beading and stitching doesn't show up in the pictures as well when tone on tone but I am really loving the results. Jewel tones have held my interest up to this point but I am on to something new that really appeals to me. I love it!

This block will be submitted to go into an effort to raise funds for cancer research. My father would have been 82 this week on his birthday but due to cancer his life ended early at age 59. Hate is a strong word that I try not to use often but I do hate cancer!

Even though the weekend weather was not good, it did give me the perfect opportunity to spend some time doing what I love to do......stitching.

No comments: