Sunday, January 4, 2009

Stitchin In the New Year


Two projects currently in the works. Am I the only CQ'er who seems to have more than one thing going at a time? I move from one to the other as inspiration comes to me.
The small project (the piece measures 2"x3") will cover a bead and become a necklace when completed. For more information and instruction see Pat Winter's article in CQ magazine Vol. 7, Issue 4. Thanks Pat for the inspiration and great idea.
The larger block is being made to go into a memory quilt for our friend Dee who lost her battle with cancer this last summer. Thanks to all who answered my plea for sites with Dutch motif. Dee is from the Netherlands and traveled to the States to attend the Crazy Quilt retreats in Omaha.
Stitching daily has been great but it is back to work tomorrow after 12 days off which may slow my progress. I so look forward to more leisurely days when I can stitch to my heart's content.

2 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Yeah!!! Go for it!! You will love your cq covered bead pendant. It looks wonderful , I am so glad you tried it!!!!
SMiles,
Pat

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Of course you are not the only one... Love your colors. Make time to continue. You are making progress.