Saturday, January 31, 2009

Girls Day Out

What a great day of laughs over a leisurely lunch and shopping. The day got off to a bumpy start-keys locked in the car -but once that was resolved off to meet two very good friends. We had been planning this day for quite some time but holidays then an anniversary away and on and on seemed to always delay us. We had a great lunch at SpringCreek tea room complete with flea market for shopping.

We each found some great things we just had to have.... raspberry jalopeno spread, a crocheted wrap (beautiful!) and my find.... this decorative cone shaped hanger. It was de ja vu for me. I had just looked at a website this past week and admired this but wasn't sure where or what I'd use it for. Well, just couldn't pass it up today and guess what-it looks great in my bathroom. Perfect colors and just the right spot. Don't you love it when that happens?

On my way home was sad to see that one of my favorite shoppes is closing its doors. Today everything in the store was 50% off so just had to stop in for a look. Couldn't resist the monogrammed linens and great little linen bags. Love the motifs which may be gift bags or may just show up in a CQ block sometime soon.

So now just resting and relaxing and debating which project I should be working on. I think it is time to finish the block begun this fall at the Victorian stitchery retreat. It is going to make a great throw pillow. Stay tuned....

No comments: