Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Crazy Quilting fun

Returned home a little over a week ago from a great Crazy Quilt retreat in O'Fallon, Illinois so inspired.  It was a relaxed time away to enjoy our common interest and each other's company.  Everyone was so ready to share their talents and tips and ideas as well as offer encouragement and praise for each other's work.  Of course we worked in some shopping and eating with lots of laughter mixed in.  My sister Bonnie and I left the retreat committed to spend some time each day on projects, even if only a few minutes.  So far I must admit I haven't held to that everyday-life gets busy and energy runs low.  My first choice would be to sit and stitch every evening but duty calls and I feel pulled in many directions.  I have several ideas for new projects as well as UFO's to complete.
I am please with progress made during the retreat on my cq purse.  It was a project started during a class taught by Barbara Randle randledesigns.com in Omaha a few years ago.  Will post pics of the finished purse when complete.

Now off to the lake for a few days to celebrate July 4th with family and daughter's 30th birthday.  Hoping for some relaxing time to stitch while there.

No comments: