Saturday, June 30, 2012

Homer Laughlin Currier & Ives china

Homer Laughlin "Home Sweet Home" collection



While shopping with my sister in law we discovered another common interest.  I have collected this set of vintage china since I first came across it in the early 90's.  I picked up several pieces at a silent auction we held at work.  It was love at first sight; they just really appealed to me.  I think I paid $30 or so for several pieces and over the years have had fun poking through flea markets and searching ebay to find additional pieces to complete my set.  They were first offered through Montgomery Ward catalog in the 40's and have many serving pieces to complete the set.  They are rather hard to find and can be rather pricey.  My first purchase was a steal!

1 comment:

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Beautiful ...I'm jealous. Hard to believe we never talked about Homer