Friday, December 19, 2008

Remember macrame?



Our Christmas tree is trimmed with quite a collection of a mixed ornament collection. Each year as I unwrap and hang each ornament so many memories come to mind. Ornaments range from those that my nieces made and sent to us; those made by our own children during their preschool days; ornaments collected during our travels; gifts from friends and coworkers; and ornaments handmade from various mediums. This reindeer ornament continues to be one of my favorites and I remember making it like it was yesterday when we gathered at mom's house and had a fun afternoon of creativity. If I was to guess I'd say it is close to 20 years old by now and continues to be a favorite that I look forward to hanging on the tree each Christmas season.

2 comments:

Queen Bee's Musings said...

We must of made this together.
I have them on my tree as well.
Did sue make them also?

Rays of Stitches said...

Yes, we all made reindeer and angels one afternoon at mom's. My angel hasn't fared as well but I still have it also.