Monday, January 27, 2014

I started 2014 like many of my crazy quilting friends....feeling like it was time to clean and organize my sewing room.  I took some photos but don't want to show how really bad it was stacked.  The good thing about having a sewing room is that I can just shut the door and leave it in what I call organized chaos.  Others would call it a mess.  During my organizing and cleaning I admitted to my husband that I may have a hoarding problem.  I was seeing some of the signs but I'm not quite convinced yet.  He laughed.  I found too many UFO's that I had good intentions of completing. 
 The above items started out to be a lampshade but I soon decided that opaque fabrics would be much nicer for a lampshade.  I now have plans to complete it into a pillow. 
 This came as a kit; I saw one completed and thought it was really cute so started this one for my grandson a couple of years ago.  I work on it each Christmas but can't seem to hold my interest.  I will get it completed!!!
I saw this quilt made up in a Branson shop and really liked it.  I want to work crazy quilting into the piecing of the embroidered blocks. 

This is a purse that I worked on during a crazy quilt retreat in O'Fallon.  I really like it but again haven't gotten it completed.  But I will soon.  Stay tuned for my progress.

I have been home for a few days and decided that the cq pillow would be my first project to complete.
I am pleased with the results so far; I have a hard time deciding when enough is enough.  So many great ideas and stitches to incorporate into each piece.  It is so nice to have my trims, buttons, beads, and fibers organized.  Made it easy to pull just the right ones for this project. On a cold day like today can't imagine a better place to be than in my comfortable chair (otherwise known as "the nest") stitching.




1 comment:

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Hi,
So glad to see the post. Such lovely items . I remember them all.